What Your Actions Can Manifest: The Small Decisions Matter
The decisions that we make every day including the small one’s matter. I was recently at my local dollar store and I was charged for an extra item, and considering it was the dollar store I was thinking of letting it go.
After all, it was just a dollar, nothing more, but as I set in the car I continued to have this nagging feeling that it mattered no matter how small it seemed. I needed to take action. So long story short I went into the store and talked to the cashier that rung up my items.
She was polite about it and waved over her coworker for confirmation for me to go ahead and grab another item. If you must know, it was a milkshake, a Hershey’s and cream milkshake to be exact- best store bought milkshake.
I was given permission to grab another one to make up for the extra charge and I went on my way. It was then that I realised that even the smallest actions in our day matter.
Some actions are to be ignored like someone picking a fight while you’re in line at the grocery store but an action of the example I gave above can matter.
Would I allow money to be uncounted for when it comes to my online business? Absolutely not!
This thinking has also allowed me to value conversations that I have had with others. Is the conversation bringing value? No? Then either I am going to
A: Change the topic
B: Excuse myself from it.
Our 24-hour habits
The habits that we develop are imperative to our growth and success both in the personal and professional field.
5: Habits to develop
- Read everything
- Put in 1 hour towards your dreams and then add another hour each week until you reach the maximum hours that are doable for you.
- Study those that have come before you.
- Change your scenery at least once.
- If you are used to eating at a certain spot every day for lunch change it up and go somewhere new.
- Go to different parks.
- Visit your local downtown.
- Visit different cafes.
- Talk to someone new each day.
- Tip: When making a phone call to a customer service center somewhere, I always make it a point to ask that person “How are you” before proceeding with what it is that I need from them. It implies that I see them as a human and not a tool, it also has changed the outcome of customer service for me. I have gotten plenty of extras because I have taken that extra step with them.
Less Talk! More Action!
So many of us talk about what it is that we are going to do.
For instance, I recently got our passports and was telling someone about them. Suddenly, this person was talking about their travel plans how they were going to do this and that, and you could just feel the fake energy coming off them. That fake energy has become a habit with that person. Truth is we all know that person or have been that person.
We get excited when we hear that a friend of ours took action on a long life dream of theirs and then we talk just to hear ourselves chime in because of the spirit of the moment but then after all is said and done we don’t take action.
Joel Brown Founder of Addicted2Success has mentioned how crucial it is to take action.
You can find numerous blog articles on entrepreneurs and writers talking about action being key to gaining any kind of momentum going into our dreams and goals.
Joel Brown: Watch this video for more insight
Part of taking action means becoming more SELF AWARE.