“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”-Leo Buscaglia
Having fear from fear
Sometimes when it seems that 60-80% of our days have been bad, the fear of a bad day looms over us, and we brace for the never-going-to-happen bad day with anxiety without giving ourselves a chance to re-evaluate our fears.
We fear the chance of living and we continue to be careful of the day as the hours pass with each second of fear inching closer, however, nothing happens.
The fear of living.
“Living in fear is not living at all, it’s existing.”-B. Whitfield
The path was rough, I’ve lost many and lost pieces of me along the way. I feared of losing more and had fear of what was to become, therefore I was scared of dying while finally trying to live.
Suddenly I’m hit
It’s the starkness of the dawn
And your friends are gone
And your friends won’t come
Lyrics from Retrograde
So I trudged along in life without a significant purpose besides being a parent. One can be a parent fulfilling their parent duties but their purpose for being a human can be diminished because after you’ve raised your child you still have to live so what will you do?
Live one day at a time.
You’ll eventually stop becoming scared to live while letting go of fear. Letting go of the fear means putting life into your purpose and healing alongside it. It means it will no longer haunt you, it means believing that good days aren’t rare and we all go through a rough patch, some more than others, however, good days are there.
5 mental habits to develop
- Evict the fear within and allow yourself to breathe.
- Live one day at a time and believe that good days can happen.
- Get out and gain a new perspective.
- It was hard for me to see a future when I was losing almost everyone around me to something and for awhile I didn’t see myself making it to a certain age, however, once I made it I knew I needed to change my perspective and get away from atmosphere I was around.
- Talk with someone or get out notebooks and write out your thoughts and fears.
- Once they’re on paper, you’ll be able to see that they really don’t hold much weight.
- Read more articles on self-improvement.
- Make sure everything around you is bringing some type of positive value to you.